Holidays in Ios
Ios island is situated between Naxos and Santorini and belongs to Cyclades complex. According to Plutarch the name of Ios derived from the ancient Greek word for violets Ia, since they were commonly found on the island.
At the prehistoric period the island was under the influence of the Minoan Empire and civilisation. During the Classical and Hellenistic times Ios was an important city and she minted her own coins. Most of them can be found in the Berlin archaeological museum and British museum.
According to the legend, the greatest epic poet of ancient Greece Homer died in Ios. Homer’s Tomb is located on the north side of the island, in an wild area known as Plakotos.
Ios island has more than 30 beautiful beaches. The most popular of them is Mylopotas beach with excellent sand and sea and Manganari beach with crystal waters on the south of the island.
The traditional village of Chora, is situated on a hill overlooking the port. On the top of the hill there is the church of Panaghia Gremiotissa. After visiting the church you can admire great views of the island, especially at sunset. Chora is a Cycladic village with whitewashed houses, full of stairs and narrow paths. There are a lot of restaurants, bars , discotheques and boutiques.
The island of Ios is famous for its local cheeses made from goat and sheep milk and its Thyme honey.
Ios is one of the most popular destinations in Greece, attracting especially young people from all over the world. The island is famous for its nightlife and the parties at the epic bars and clubs.
5 Days Package // Departures : Daily ( Summer 2020 ).
From 149 € per person.
|Dates||p/p in triple||p/p in double||Single||p/p in family room||Child||Student|
|01/9- 30/9||249 €||259 €||349 €||239 €||189 €||189 €|
|01/8 – 25/8||349 €||369 €||429 €||309 €||299 €||299 €|
|26/8 – 31/8||259 €||279 €||339 €||249 €||219 €||219 €|
|1/10 – 31/10||209 €||219 €||259 €||219 €||149 €||149 €|
The package price include :
- Boat tickets Piraeus – Ios – Piraeus ( economy class ).
( Piraeus – Ios : 07.00 – 11.05 // Ios – Piraeus : 13.25 – 17.20 ) .
- 4 overnights at central located rooms or studios , close to the beach , the mini market, the restaurants and bars and the local transport services.
- The local residence tax , 0,50 € per room , per night is not included and must be paid directly from the clients to the hotels.
- The child fare is valid for one child under 10 years old staying at the same room with two adults.
- The student fare is valid only for the ISIC card holders.
- The family room is maximum for 4 pax including children.
- There is possibility for transfers port-hotel-port with an extra charge upon your request.
- The above rates are valid upon availability.